RE: BW planung - hilfe bitte

#1 von applor , 12.05.2017 12:56

Hello,

My german is poor so please excuse the English.
I have designed a large BW already, though feel it is too large for my station. One reason I had done this to use my Marklin 76511 that I had already bought but this can be sold.
The other reason was that I have a 15 stall roundhouse that I want to use, since I have a lot of steam locomotives and thought only a large BW would have this many stalls.

I have since come across the plan and photos of Bw Hannover-Linden by Heinz in this thread:
https://www.drehscheibe-online.de/foren/...7,6024181,older

and noticed it had 12 stalls and a similar sized station as my layout and it incorporated a much smaller coaling facility.
Rather than the large coaling facility of Marklin 76511, it is a small fixed crane such as Auhagen 11334

I am after some help in modifying my design to something that will work with a similar design to the BW Hannover-Linden.

Here is my current BW design:

1 Lokschuppen mit 15 standen
2 werkstatt fur dampflokomotiven
3 kohlebansen
4 kohlekrann
5 Wiegebunker
6 schlackengrube mit bockkran
7 wasser
8 besandungsanlage
9 Rohrblasgerüst
10 untersuchungsgrube
11 ausfahrtgleis
12 Kompressorhaus
13 wasserturn

I am looking to change the design to a more realistic facility for its size. That will mean removing the Wiegebunker and kohlekrann with a smaller fixed unit and it also appears that Bw Hannover-Linden is only a single track entry?

Also, can anyone tell me how in a BW such as Hannover-Linden with a fixed kohlekrann that they are able to load all those kohlebansen?

Thanks for looking and hopefully can provide some insight.

Thanks.

If you are interested in my complete layout plan, here it is shown with visible areas and then including hidden stations.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric - Brisbane, Australia. modelling Germany epoch IIIa

applor  
applor
InterRegioExpress (IRE)
Homepage: Link
Gleise Marklin K
Spurweite H0
Stromart AC, Digital

#2 von applor , 13.05.2017 03:22

I should like to point out that the top and bottom parts of my layout will be separate scenes with a divider between them.

This is a rough idea that would be more in the direction of a smaller station:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

applor  
applor
InterRegioExpress (IRE)
Gleise Marklin K
Spurweite H0
Stromart AC, Digital

#3 von Richrath , 13.05.2017 20:33

Hi !

First of all, sorry for my bad english. I hope you can understand what I try to explain. I understood your plan in that way, that there is a Station with 4 tracks (the blue lines). In that case I would say the BW is to big. There is no need to change so much lokomotives. But you say you are using a divider. What about the idea dividing the BW with a bridge from the rest of the railroad? Behind the divider you could find the imaginated main station. Or the switch-field of a main station an the bw can be seen. Behind the devider (bridge for cars) your trains could be parked in a hidden Station (Schattenbahnhof).
Probably you can work with mirrors. Somewhere here must be areport about a Main station with a big hall. There was a hall over the tracks, probably 40cm at the end a mirror was placed and it loked like a hall with a length of one Meter or more.

I hope i could help

Greetings René

Meine Kellerbahn Version 1: http://stummiforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=79091
Version 3 aktuell: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=178973

Richrath  
Richrath
InterCity (IC)
Gleise K-Gleis
Spurweite H0
Steuerung Modellstellwerk
Stromart AC

#4 von BW-Fan , 15.05.2017 21:44

Hallo Eric,

this is a handmade plan from my BW,which I had planned and finally builded in my layout.
Perhaps this is something what you are looking for :

And this is how it looks now,but not finished jet.

Greetings and best regards....

Gruß,Heiko
Hail Odin, the allfather

Nur Altern hilft bei Plastikglanz,
nämlich so
https://www.stummiforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=50912

Hier gehts nach Katzenberg
https://www.stummiforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=47486

BW-Fan  
BW-Fan
CityNightLine (CNL)
Gleise K-Gleis
Spurweite H0
Steuerung IB
Stromart Digital

#5 von applor , 17.05.2017 03:56

Thankyou for taking the time to read and respond.
Unfortunately this forum is overloaded at night when I am home and the webpage will not load.
I can only reply while at work and that means all images are blocked.

René:

I understand that even by downsizing my BW it would still be larger than what would be expected.
Unfortunately though the majority of us need to make compromises due to space, time or money constraints and I too must still compromise for the sake of space. If I could fit a larger station that would fit a BW with 15 sheds then I would.
In regards to doing another divider, this would not work with my space and design and I think end up making it look worse than just having an overly large BW - but I appreciate you trying to offer solutions.

Heiko:

Your layout and BW look very good! I like your setup, though it appears you have much more room than I. Your BW is quite large with an overhead coal chute and crane and this is what I am moving away from and instead looking to use a small fixed crane such as:
Auhagen 11445
Auhagen 11334
faller 120131
faller 120128

When I get home tonight I will try and load Stummis and provide a picture of the new plan, alternatively I have also posted on Marklin forums so you can see my build and discussion there:
https://www.marklin-users.net/forum/post...2017#post546309

applor  
applor
InterRegioExpress (IRE)
Gleise Marklin K
Spurweite H0
Stromart AC, Digital

#6 von applor , 25.05.2017 09:37

I have been working on my BW design and I have since found inspiration from BW Remscheid-Lennep, as it is more similar to my design.
http://www.bahnen-wuppertal.de/html/bw-remscheid-lennep.html

my new BW plan has a straight entry track into the turntable (no servicing) and a coal wagon siding and a separate siding for ash removal and sand delivery. I have also made the freight and e-lok sidings smaller.
I am pretty happy with the design, what do you think?

1 Lokschuppen mit 15 standen
2 werkstatt fur dampflokomotiven
3 kohlebansen und kohlewagengleis
4 kohlekrann
5 Besandungsturn
6 Besandungsanlage
7 schlackengrube mit bockkran und wasser
8 Kompressorhaus, Rohrblasgerüst, Schürhakengestell
9 wasserturn
10 Lokleitung
11 Güterschuppen
12 behandlungs gleis
13 einstieg gleis (keine behandlung)
14 ausfahrtgleis
15 bahnhof
16 E-lok gleis
17 Güterwagen gleis

Please excuse if the german is wrong but thought it easier for everyone here to understand.

applor  
applor
InterRegioExpress (IRE)
Gleise Marklin K
Spurweite H0
Stromart AC, Digital

#7 von E-Lok-Muffel , 08.09.2017 12:10

Hello Eric,

I just stumbled over Your thread and was not sure if You finished Your planning in meantime.
My English is not very good especially concerning Railroad-terms, so I might mix it with German expressions, I´m sure You´re familiar with, because of Your Märklin german Ep.IIIa-layout.

The relation Coaling-facility vs. Roundhouse-size is not the point, it depends on the number and most of all the type of locos treated in the facility.
BW Remscheid-Lennep is a very good example: if You look at the list of Locos stationed there, there were small combined Locos and Br 57-Tender-Loco (ex G10), no large "Einheitslokomotiven" like the Br 50, 44, 03, 01 etc.(they were only "guests" there). These locos can store only a small amount of coal, so the act of "fuelling" can be done with a tiny facility and only one by one.
If You plan to station large machines in Your Roundhouse and treat also "guest-Locos", while they are on-the-fly (fast! Like the "Boxenstop" at Car-Racing) for re-fuelling, and this parallel on two separate tracks, You can go for a large " Bekohlungs-Anlage", with overhead coal storage bunker and large Crane, which can fill even huge coal cars within seconds.
If You have only a few of the big locos in stock and want to use Your Bw "Wells-Fargo-alike" like a postal station in the US-Wild-West for changing (steel) horses in front of stagecoaches, and the treating of the machines need not being done in a hurry, You can take a small one.

So everything You do is right, You can do it either way, I would take, what looks and what I like better and then tell the right story about it (in fact, MoBa is beautiful but it´s become only real with the right story behind... )
You can "sell" every layout to an audience (e.g. this forum) or even to Yourself with a good story: Your station is only the Passenger-Part of a huge komplex virtual freight-Yard though that is not displayed. The station lies just in the middle of a long-distance-track between two major cities, where most Locos need to be refuelled or changed (example: BW Dillenburg on trail Ruhr-area/Siegen to Frankfurt/Main via Giessen)...

So You can host both Passenger and Freight Locos in Your Roundhouse, change locos on Passenger-Trains and drive Freight-Locos off the layout...

hopefully this was a little help

Yours
uLi

Meine MOBA-Mottos: "Freu(n)de beim Fahren" oder auch "De Zooch kütt"
mein Trööt: Im Rheintal ist es schön
und neu in der Planung: DEO

Beiträge können Ironie enthalten - und Schreibfehler!

E-Lok-Muffel
Metropolitan (MET)
Gleise C + K
Spurweite H0
Steuerung mit den Fingern = digital!!!
Stromart AC

#8 von applor , 23.02.2018 05:43

I know this is an older thread but I wanted to reply and say thanks to uLi for your great reply!
It certainly improved my understanding.

applor  
applor
InterRegioExpress (IRE)
Gleise Marklin K
Spurweite H0
Stromart AC, Digital

#9 von E-Lok-Muffel , 23.02.2018 10:28

Hello Eric,
You are wellcome!

And You are invited to create a new thread for building Your layout!
looking forward

uLi

Meine MOBA-Mottos: "Freu(n)de beim Fahren" oder auch "De Zooch kütt"
mein Trööt: Im Rheintal ist es schön
und neu in der Planung: DEO

Beiträge können Ironie enthalten - und Schreibfehler!

E-Lok-Muffel
Metropolitan (MET)
Gleise C + K
Spurweite H0
Steuerung mit den Fingern = digital!!!
Stromart AC