RE: Connecting Uhlenbrock IB II with Digikeijs booster DR5033

#1 von cychan1228 , 26.06.2020 13:39

Hello everyone, I have connected my Uhlenbrock Intellibox II with Digikeijs booster DR5033 on LocoNet B. Do I need to set up or register the booster on the IB II? Or is it just plug-and-play?

On the IB II, I have tried LocoNet Programme, where I was asked to input the 'Part number'. Does anything know what it is?

Thanks in advance

Chris

cychan1228  
cychan1228
RegionalExpress (RE)

#2 von LPW ( gelöscht ) , 26.06.2020 20:02

Hallo Chris,

Zitat

Hello everyone, I have connected my Uhlenbrock Intellibox II with Digikeijs booster DR5033 on LocoNet B.

did you read the manual of the DR5033? It says that it consists of an H-Bridge to amplify the track signal, while Intellibox II uses circuitry providing a track signal based on a common ground. It warns that using such types of circuitry with the DR5033 on the same track layout may end up in damaged devices!

I would rather recomend to use the "Power 4" Booster (3,5 A max. current) by Uhlenbrock with your Intellibox.

However, if you make sure electrically separated operation, things might go well. You could use the Intellibox for example only to control your switches and semaphors, while the DR5033 provides power for your tracks or vice versa.

Zitat

Do I need to set up or register the booster on the IB II? Or is it just plug-and-play?

You have to register it.

Zitat

On the IB II, I have tried LocoNet Programme, where I was asked to input the 'Part number'. Does anything know what it is?

A part number is a unique number each manufacturer uses for its products to give customers the chance to identify it clearly. The Uhlenbrock software deals with Loconet-Accessories manufactured by Uhlenbrock. You may configure the Uhlenbrock Power 4 more conveniently with their software than Loconet modules from other manufacturers.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
LPW

LPW

#3 von cychan1228 , 29.06.2020 10:35

I got the reply from Digikeijs that the part number of this booster is 50330, and I managed to connect it with my IB-II!

cychan1228  
cychan1228
RegionalExpress (RE)

#4 von LPW ( gelöscht ) , 29.06.2020 18:14

Hallo Chris,

Zitat von cychan1228 im Beitrag Connecting Uhlenbrock IB II with Digikeijs booster DR5033

I got the reply from Digikeijs that the part number of this booster is 50330, and I managed to connect it with my IB-II!

nobody maintained that it is impossible to connect the booster properly to the loconet bus of Intellibox II. LNCV-Programming should be always viable, the part numbers of some "known devices" are just a convenient short cut.

But keep the electrical implications mentioned above and the warning in the manual in mind. You must keep the DCC-Outputs of your Booster electrically apart from those of your Intellibox, don't use both of them to supply your track layout.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
LPW

LPW