RE: Help: White/Red lights change in DCC

#1 von cychan1228 , 16.09.2012 13:59

Hi everyone,

I was going to DCC my HAG Re450 but I ran into a problem: the headlight/taillight circuit board has only 2 wires (+)/(-):

How can I wire them to a decoder so that the white/red lights change according to direction? I tried wiring the blue common (+) wire to the point in yellow circle, but nothing happened. What's the use of that point? Also, what's the component with a red question mark?

Many thanks in advance
Chris

cychan1228  
cychan1228
RegionalExpress (RE)

RE: Help: White/Red lights change in DCC

#2 von Rocmarhag , 20.09.2012 21:42

Chris,

To follow and help you further, how is the cicuitboard connected to the decoder.

With some circuitboards you will find, they are designed for analog and unless you do some modifications they can ruin your decoder (light functions).

Some circuitsboards are working with a reversed polarity so when you change the direction of travel they lights change using only 2 wires.

Not knowing where the wires are going to (decoder) you may let me know which wire goes where from the circuitboard.
Solong the circuitbaord has no contact with the chassis (ground) you shouldn't have any problems with your decoder.
I'm not an electronic expert but I would either look at options within the circuitboard and see if you can get any light at all.

If you can remove the reflecting panel from the circuitboard so one can see the connections strips on the circuitboard I may be able to follow the setup.

regards.,

John

Rocmarhag
CityNightLine (CNL)
Homepage: Link
Gleise K-Gleise, C-Gleise, HOe Gleise
Spurweite H0, H0e
Steuerung Digital, ESU
Stromart DC