RE: Small question to weichen-walter buyers

#1 von chelseadrg , 27.04.2020 16:31

I could not tell from the photos so that is why I am asking this...

I had wondered about maybe ordering one or two custom turnouts from him but I had to ask if anyone on forum would know whether the puko strip he use sat almost flush with the ties bottom or went noticeably underneath the ties themselves? Just curious about if I would need to knife a small trough in the Noch track bed [before gluing the track bed itself down] as to make the turnouts still mesh at same height with unmodified Marklin tracks sitting in the same Noch track bed at both ends.

chelseadrg  
chelseadrg
S-Bahn (S)

#2 von OttRudi , 27.04.2020 19:43

Not only the puko strips, the tracks as well.

OttRudi
EuroCity (EC)
Spurweite H0
Stromart Digital

#3 von chelseadrg , 27.04.2020 21:33

Thanks for that helpful photo, looks like I just treat it the same between both track names after all.

For now I think I will just stick with straight tracks and maybe one or two Marklin turnouts but when I eventually think of building a station module with the need for compact junctions I would happily consider making a price inquiry with him.
I personally do not feel comfortable with trying to cut Marklin turnouts so close to the middle to make it fit after all!

chelseadrg  
chelseadrg
S-Bahn (S)

#4 von OttRudi , 27.04.2020 22:36

That is ok. I am consider to use most of the visible switches from Weichwalter, as I don't like the lean Märklin switches.

OttRudi
EuroCity (EC)
Spurweite H0
Stromart Digital