RE: Segmentdrehscheibe - Spur 1

#1 von Antonio ( gelöscht ) , 14.04.2013 22:03

Hello,
I think to realize a modular model railway in 1:32 scale (in Italy) in cooperation with a friend of mine. We decided to place a segment turntable in this project, so I realized the project with CAD and I decided to make turntable by laser cutting. The material is iron, the bridge is 1mm thickness, the pit is 4mm. Welds are made with tin or silver alloy in the most stressed parts. The pit is electrod welted.

All is made by a modular design, so the bridge can be longer or shorter and the pit can have a greater or lesser angle of rotation, based on requests.
This bridge is 610mm long and has a rotation of 24° (in this particular pit). Here are some pictures:

Bridge view

Pivot pin moves on a 32mm ball bearing.

General rotation takes place on two carriages to spread the weight of locomotives in a better way.

To have a flowing rotation, the carriages are equipped with micro ball bearings (5mm diameter). Each carriage has 2 ball bearings, so the bridge has 8 ball bearings on 4 carriages.

The ball bearings rotate on 2mm brass pin, locked in position by 2,5mm exagonal nuts made by me with lathe and mill machines. They have a good realism.

Locking system will be fixed to the bridge by M1 micro bolts. It will be controlled by a small servo.

Locking system detail.

Gruß
Antonio

Antonio

#2 von paloo , 15.04.2013 18:12

Buona sera Antonio,

wow, just wow. Well, you built it in a larger scale than i do and though it's a little bit easier to detail, but that work is incredibly good-looking.
The locking system impresses me the most. I'm looking forward to see the turntable painted, weathered and mounted on a layout!

Unfortunately, my Italian is not as good as my English - i'm not able to say goodbye in your mothertongue
So it's just

Greetings,
Lukas

Schau' doch auch mal bei mir 'rein:

H0m-Gütertram Ep. II im Ikea-Regal

Bahnhof Launburg a.d. Elbe (Hafen) - H0, Ep.II, 400x35cm (inaktiv)

paloo  
paloo
InterRegioExpress (IRE)

#3 von Antonio ( gelöscht ) , 10.05.2013 18:36

Zitat von paloo
...........i'm not able to say goodbye in your mothertongue
So it's just

Greetings,
Lukas

Hello Lukas, thank you very much...I think that you can say simply "ciao" to say goodbye in Italian.

I'm very happy that spur1info.de writes about my work:

http://spur1info.com/nachrichtenleser/it...-italien-1.html
http://spur1info.com/nachrichtenleser/it...-italien-2.html

Gruß
Antonio

Antonio